Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Anchor Babies?

Rural school children, San Augustine County, T...Image by The Library of Congress via Flickr
Fox News - July 1, 2010
Representative Louie Gohmert, (R) Texas

Anchor: Your theory is that Al Queda will send a pregnant woman over here to have a baby and then start to train these babies to be terrorists. Is that right?"
Rep. Gohmert: Well, Harry, It is not just a theory.
Further statements by this representative include  -

Hate crime laws lead to necrophelia. (having sex with a dead body)
Senators should be elected by state legislators. ~ quotes from John Stewart on The Daily Show

Senator Lindsey Graham (R) South Carolina

We should change our constitution ... (with reference to the 14th amendment)

They come here to drop a child. It's called "drop and leave".

I recall talk by some Texans in the not too distant past of the state of Texas succeeding from the union. I thought it an outrageous idea, but maybe I will give this idea further consideration from this new perspective.

I also believe "hate crimes", as mentioned by Senator Gohmert, are born of racism. My musings on why one would be against hate crime legislation lead me to the conclusion that those who oppose this legislation must be the same who would carry these values and beliefs that lead to hate crimes. I welcome discussion of different viewpoints. I'm just not sure with this idea where to go from here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

No flaming please. Everyone's opinions are welcome.